Air Conditioning Recharge Specialists in Peterborough
As the UK gets hotter, the benefits of air-conditioning are gradually being generally accepted throughout the country. Now, the additional benefits that are not immediately obvious are now being appreciated by those fortunate to have a good aircon system operating in their car.
Here at FRM Automotive, we specialise in the installation of a complete air conditioning system, repair and maintenance of an existing air-con unit, and the servicing of air conditioning recharge systems.
Here are 8 top reasons to have aircon and have it serviced regularly:
- Reduce the in-car temperature to a comfortable level on hot days, without the wind noise and being unable to hear the radio.
- With reduced noise young children and adults alike will quickly appreciate the extra quiet in the back.
- Aircon systems also condition the air and have the ability to remove the moisture from the air. The air conditioning button will control the humidity, and the heater, if needed, will control the temperature leaving you free to enjoy the warmth without being stuffy.
- Moisture on the glass will be evaporated very rapidly so you can see through the windscreen and all the other glass clearly without a film of mist. The safety aspect of aircon is often overlooked. This happens with aircon systems long before a screen-heater has had a chance to warm up. The demisting effect of aircon is a good safety aspect for good all-round visibility.
- The cleaner, fresher air with low relative humidity will enhance driver awareness and help prevent drowsiness when making long journeys. The driver over long distances will be better able to remain fresh, alert and safer for the driver and the passengers.
- Stuck in a long traffic jam on a hot sunny day can be purgatory with all the exhaust fumes coming straight into your open windows. It’s even worse when dressing for business meetings, getting wet under the arms and hot under the collar. This is the time when you wished that you had bought a car with an aircon or you had serviced your current system so it was more efficient. Air conditioning systems are the nicest affordable luxuries at these times.
- Air entering this aircon heat exchanger will contain dust and pollen, but by the time the air enters the cabin, the vast majority of these pollutants will have been filtered out. It’s estimated that approximately 80% of all dust and pollen is trapped in this way on each pass through the air conditioning system and this helps us all but brings special relief to hay fever sufferers or asthmatics.
- Fuel consumption is improved by allowing all car windows to remain closed, even on the hottest days as the aerodynamics of the car remain at an optimum. Exterior noise is also kept to a minimum and increased safety to the driver and passengers as foreign objects and insects can’t come in as all the windows will be closed.
As Peterborough Air Conditioning Specialists we can:
- Install complete Aircon Systems
- Repair and maintain Air Conditioning units
- Re-charge and service Aircon System
FRM Automotive is located in Peterborough, close to the A47 and A15, making it easily accessible for customers in and around the local Cambridgeshire area.
If you’re interested in the installation of a complete air conditioning system, repair and maintenance of an existing aircon unit, or would like a service and air conditioning recharge system, please contact our team here at FRM Automotive, we’d be happy to assist.