An affordable, high quality garage providing MoT testing, servicing, air-con refresh and more. We offer an air conditioning health check for only £24!
Air Conditioning Specialists
With summer fast approaching, the benefits of air conditioning are gradually becoming more widely recognised. Those fortunate enough to have a strong air conditioning system in their car will soon begin to appreciate the additional benefits which are not always apparent in the UK. Therefore it is important to have your air conditioning unit serviced so that it is in perfect working order before the hot weather hits!
7 Reasons to Have Aircon and Have it Serviced Regularly:
- On hot days, air conditioning units give you the opportunity to lower the in-car temperature to the desired level without creating wind noise or making it difficult to hear the radio. Young children and adults alike will welcome the extra quiet in the back because of the reduced noise.
- Air conditioning systems also have the capacity to live up to their namesake and condition the air by removing moisture from it. The humidity will be controlled by the air conditioning button, and the temperature will be controlled by the heater if necessary, allowing you to enjoy the warmth without feeling stuffy.
- Air conditioning allows moisture on the glass to evaporate quickly, allowing you to see clearly through the windscreen and all other glass without a coating of condensation or mist. The importance of air conditioning’s safety is sometimes ignored. The defogging effect of air conditioners is a useful safety feature for enhanced visibility all around.
- When driving long distances, the cleaner, fresher air with low relative humidity will improve driver alertness and help prevent fatigue. Over extended travels, the driver will be able to stay fresh, attentive, and safer for both the driver and the passengers.
- On a hot sunny day, being stuck in a traffic jam may seem unbearable, with exhaust fumes making their way into your open windows. It’s even worse if you are dressed for a specific occasion, such as a shirt with a collar for a business meeting that you may begin to sweat into. This is the period when you wish you had purchased an air-conditioned vehicle or had maintained your current system to make it more efficient. These days, air conditioning systems are the best and most economical luxuries.
- Dust and pollen will reach the aircon heat exchanger, but the great majority of these pollutants and irritants will have been filtered out by the time the air enters the car interior. It’s believed that almost 80% of all dust and pollen is trapped each time air makes it through the air conditioning system, which benefits everyone, but especially those that suffer from hay fever and asthma.
- Allowing all automobile windows to remain closed, even on the hottest days, reduces fuel consumption since the car’s aerodynamics remain at their best. Outside noise is reduced, and the driver and passengers are safer because foreign objects and insects cannot enter because all windows are closed.
As Air Conditioning Specialists we can:
- Install complete Aircon Systems
- Repair and maintain Air Conditioning units
- Re-charge and service Aircon System
Where are we?
FRM Automotive are located in Peterborough, close to the A47 and A15, making it easily accessible for customers in and around the local Cambridgeshire area. If you’re interested in the installation of a complete air conditioning system, repair and maintenance of an existing aircon unit, or would like a service and air conditioning recharge system, please contact our team here at FRM Automotive, we’d be happy to assist.