We are currently recruiting for a qualified level 3 mechanic to work in our busy independent garage in Westwood.
If you are a pro-active mechanic, someone who is not just a fitter but able to diagnose and identify potential future issues this might be the right place for you.
In return for your expertise, knowledge and know-how we offer a salary of between £25k – £32K depending on experience, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension, access to the latest diagnostic tools available and the option of additional training to upskill.
Job Description – Mechanic/Technician
Qualification Required – NVQ level 3 or equivalent
Diving License required
- To be responsible for greeting customer on arrival and maintain good standards of customer service when addressing customers and updating them on the progress of work being carried out.
- To be responsible for collecting and delivering back to customers their vehicles.
- To be responsible for ordering parts to support the workshop function.
- To be responsible for recording work to be carried out on Job cards and to update Management on the progress of work through the workshop.
- To carry out all body repairs, prep and spray work as directed and to the appropriate standard to ensure the company reputation is maintained.
- To be responsible for attaching tags to customer keys and placing them in the company office in line with the company process.
- To support, deliver and operate in an organised manner the company operational services to meet customer demands, ensuring a customer focused high quality of service delivery in line with the Company’s expectations, policies and procedures.
- To be responsible for all administrative tasks and associated paperwork relevant to your duties
- You will be required to assist service improvement plans including reviews and assessment of department
- To assist and carry out valeting of vehicles that prior to them being presented back to customer.
- To meet with your manager, and other employees when required by your Manager for training or operation meetings
- To follow the direction of the company to attend and engage in all training as directed by the company.
- To be responsible for making stock takes during any down time in the workshop
- Compliance with all relevant health and safety requirements such as correct use of personal protective equipment, ensuring that you are operating and using equipment in a safe manner to reduce risks of accidents as well as drawing attention of colleagues and management to any risks you observe while carrying out your duties.
- To help ensure their work area is always kept clean and tidy.
|RESPONSIBILITIES: This section identifies the key responsibilities of the role in one or more of four areas. Experience demonstrated against these shall be considered in selection processes. |
People Responsibilities (impact on customers)
· Ensure that customers receive a high-quality service.
· Provide and deliver a high-quality service to internal and external customers of your department.
· To contribute ideas to meet internal and external needs and continuously improve service delivery.
· Ensuring customers are kept updated as to the progress of your duties and impact this may have on excellent service delivery
Supervisory Responsibilities (managing others)
· You will be expected to help, support, train, motivate and guide staff, including agency staff and apprentices.
· You will ensure that staff you are responsible for complete all their work [supervision responsibility]
· To ensure your colleagues are familiar with the operating procedures for the systems you are using.
Financial resource responsibilities (managing finances)
· There are no financial budgetary responsibilities in this role.
· You will be responsible for handling cash, issuing receipts and completing all relevant financial paperwork
Physical Resource responsibilities (managing non-financial assets)
· You are responsible to ensure you are familiar with the operating procedures for the equipment you use, understand fully how to operate it in a safe and responsible manner and to ensure that comply with those operating procedures to protect yourself, colleagues, clients, company equipment and client property.
· Ensure that you advise the company of wear and tear or repair and maintenance requirements on all company property that you use, work with or observe when carrying out your duties.
It should be noted that the above list of principal duties and responsibilities is not necessarily a complete statement of the final duties of the post. It is intended to give an overall view of the position and should be taken as guidance only. Additional duties may be required from time-to-time that are not identified above and shall be consummate with the nature, grade and demands of the job as described. The Job Description is current as at the date shown below. In consultation with you, it is liable to variation by management to reflect or anticipate changes in the job.
To apply for this role please send your CV along with a covering email to [email protected] along with any other relevant information.